Wednesday, January 03, 2007

BaLaDa DeL ReFlEjO

Who knows why certain songs touch your soul so deeply, this one is my favourite one and I still don’t know the reason…there must be something I still have to find out.
This is the second time I post the song, there may be others….
I translated it but I think I spoiled part of the magic this singer has in his words.
His name is Fernando Delgadillo, a Mexican singer, and I love all his songs (and I find him cute too…another mystery to solve)


I dwell inside the mirror where will halt the time
all the ones who compose themselves and pose for it

Immersed in my work I clean the other side
And this, my best cloth, what shines it can make!
From a pale old gold to a whip of sun,
from an average dull to the subsequent cloudy,
to play on my own way like a bee
in the garden of the moon of my never-ending mirror

I keep in an enchanted room my main window
to a world that nobody comes to touch.
Country of illusions, the dreams and the perhaps
kingdoms that no longer we are eager to name.

I know about the substances with which dreams that will always be are made and I know the words that will make you awake.
I know to go back over my steps after what is gone
or to fly there where I will never see

Moon of my sad nights,
moon of my vanity,
moon of my life of intimate clarity.
Gadget of the perhaps, mirror of my heart
you taught me to see from your prison

I dwell inside the mirror where will halt the time
all the ones who compose themselves and pose for it

I know about my job of playing with the time
And this, my best cloth, what shines it can make!


8 thought(s):

RUTH said...

Ah the mystery of cuteness!!! He sings beautiful words, he plays the guitar beautifully....he is halfway to cuteness. If you find a man like that who can also make you laugh, make love like a superstud and COOK! then you have the CUTEST of men. Apologies to MS for this very "girly" comment when he reads it...LOL
Rx

Analía said...

oh Ruth!!! LoL that would be heaven!

Icarus said...

Qué bueno! And what a great translation! He doesn't seem Mejicano to me, nor the song...Thank you for that.

Now Smile Club, listen up! I want to pass this on to all Board Members before I go on with my travles (must get to another 6 countries in 3 continents before dinner).
You may be aware of my dear friend in Barcelona, Marcáliope, A doctor who manages to find time to produce rich art in drawings, words, watercolours, photos. Unfortunately, Mar doesn't speak English, but it doesn't matter for this visit I urge you to make now. Go to http://marcaliope.blogspot.com/
and see her post for January 1st, it's a video she made. And I'm asking you to see the smile in front of you. Beautiful! Kissssitos!

Audrey said...

Can I just add to Ruths comment .....
bring you a cup of tea in bed every morning, read beautiful poetry whilst laying in front of a roaring log fire with a glass of the best red, then the THANK GOD IM A WOMAN SEX!!!!! lol

Talk about cosmic ordering.....

The music wont play with me just now but just love the lyrics...now for youtube...

Thank you Analia

Peaceful/Paisible said...

please ladies, I know you, I'm the eldest here...Miles be a gentle man, bring me an armchair...silence, everybody, I'm listening, and I want Fernando all by myself...
shhhhhhhhhhhh
Mousie

Icarus said...

Didn't you find it Mousie? Look, there, in front of the deep shag pile stuff rug next to the one where Auds is reading poetry getting toasted in front of the roaring logs! I've got to make the tea, the mate yerba, the hot chocolate, cakes, clean up the factory and all the time singing like Fernando...I've only got one pair of hands, you know! Who's work is never done???? No wonder I'm (nearly) as slim as I was 25 years ago! S-Milesxxxx

Analía said...

Mile, slim as when you were 25? oh great! next time come to the beach with me, beside all the things you have to do, can you run after my bookmarker? ;) Yo te sirvo unos mates a cambio!! Besitos

Mousie, it's so good to see you here again!! hummm but Fernando is mine! LOL ok ok I'll share him with you

Audrey said...

Analia,

LOL lol lol

Look at what you started bless you....

Ruth thank god were never too old for girlie comments!!! lol

Mile you sing beautifully who is Fernando again? dah!!!!!!!!Now come rest, what would you like to drink boss.......sit by mousie and sing your sweet song to us all....and they say a womans work is never done...........lol

Analia Thank you for being you x

 
CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »