Saturday, May 03, 2008

Ballad Of The Reflection


Ever since I found this song I have felt that the one in the mirror is me. I’ve been there, and sometimes I’m still behind it, untouchable, unreachable, just looking how others come and go but never stay. I can make lives shine while they are in front of me, but then, I remain in this jail…… on the other side of the mirror, alone.

I have dreams and illusions I wish I could accomplish, but I’m not to be named after a while…..everything vanishes like bubbles.

Believe me, I have jumped out of this cold glass sometimes, and I’ve danced, and sung, loved…..and cried. Going out this reflection may give me five minutes of heaven and a whole life of sorrow. Sometimes I don’t know if I should stay or dare to run away. At least here, pain can’t reach me; tears never last to the following day.

Yes, I know it’s sad, but I know what it feels cleaning the mirror to get the best shines of the people before they leave and then just stay there longing for their coming back. It never happens and if it does, would it be the same?

(Modified from an e-mail I wrote some weeks ago)





***

I inhabit the interior of the mirror

where those who compose and pose for it will pause the time..

Immersed in my work, I clean the other side,

and this, my better cloth, what a brightness it can make.

***

From a pale old gold, to a sun whip,

from an discreet opaque to the later storm cloud

to play at my will as bee in the garden

of the moon of my endless mirror.

***

I keep in the enchanted room my main window

to a world that nobody comes to touch.

Country of the illusions, of the daydream and perhaps,

kingdoms that no longer are yearned to be named.

***

I know about the substances to make the dreams that will always be.

And I know the words that will wake them up.

I know to return over my steps looking after what is gone

or to fly there where I will never see.

***

Moon of my sad nights, moon of my vanity,

moon of my life, of intimate clarity,

device of the chance, mirror of my heart,

you taught me to see me from your prison.

***

I inhabit the interior of the mirror

where those who compose and pose for it will pause the time..

I know of my work, the one of playing in the time,

and my best cloth, what a brightness it knows how to do.

12 thought(s):

Anonymous said...

Ohhh sweet Ani, be safe in or outside the mirror. Wish I could be protected from pain on the other side sometimes. Take care. Luci

Analía said...

Ty Luci, you are welcome to join me, there must be another cloth here somewhere :)

Tonykaku said...

thank you for visiting my little blog. please come back anytime.
thank you for introducing me to this beautiful song by Fernando Degadillo. i will return to your blog
and world again.

Analía said...

Thank you and welcome tonykaku :) I'm glad you liked Delgadillo, this is my favorite song.

Carlos said...

Hi Ani,

Once again you have to visit me first... once again I should be ashamed...
Well, lately work doesn't left me any time so, no friends, no photos, no blogging, no tennis, nothing... I hope you don't get mad at me and keep visiting me from time to time.
I liked both your reflections, but the one you typed is again a bit sad.

Kisses,
Carlos

Analía said...

Querido Carlos, I could never be mad at you! xoxoxoxo Friendship is what matters.Thank you for coming:)

Anonymous said...

Wowwww Impressive post and pic. You are very skilled. I'm sorry you are sad. SMILE

Andrè

david santos said...

Excellent post, Anália!
Have a nice day

Analía said...

André ty. I'll be fine soon, don't be sorry :)

david!!!! it's so nice to see you here. I'll be visiting you soon! hugs

Renzzo said...

hola analía me parece muy interesante tu blog..ves yo tb pase por aca..ahora espero conocerte en persona en algun momento..tu crees que se pueda?

Peaceful/Paisible said...

still have you in my thoughts...take care...love from Mousie

Analía Phoenix said...

Renzzo siiiiiii, claro :)

 
CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »