Monday, December 17, 2007

ShoRt sToRiEs

I’ve always loved to read all kind of short stories. Better if they were written by a good friend of mine, who I happen to love a lot!
Let me talk a little bit about Jorge. He is the editor of the El Veraz, a weekly online newspage. I met him some years ago in the same chat room I met most of the “boricuas” who are my friends today. He’s not a Puerto Rican, but a Cuban living in the charming island of Puerto Rico. I particularly love my friendship with him because far from our characters in the chat, we have built a bond which is unknown to many people. We are good friends, and believe me, most of the chatters would show their open-moused surprise if they knew about it. Why? Well, it’s hard to explain if you are not part of that chat room…. Let’s say that his character there awakens all kind of feelings if you don’t know him beyond his nickname and what he writes in the room. I dared to meet him and now I’m proud of being his friend.
Here are two of his stories. I was considering the idea of translating them, but honestly I think I would take their nature away by doing so. I hope at least some of you can read them because they are great pieces of art.
Click on the images to read these two stories, my favorite ones.


  • Dia De Reyes


  • Divorcio a la Cubana
  • 8 thought(s):

    Unknown said...

    Analía querida, las dos narraciones son geniales, gracias... pero quería decirte que el link de la del divorcio está mal; repetiste la dirección de la otra... Un beso y felicidades,
    V.

    Analía said...

    AHHH ya mismo lo arreglo. Gracias el poeta. Besitos!!!

    Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

    What a beautiful blog you have, my dear Analia.
    I'm sorry I couldn't visit sooner.
    Thank you for your kind message on my blog, although it's on books and writers and may not interest you.
    But next year, I hope to publish something and if its anything romantic, I'll definitely send it on to you.
    Have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year.

    Analía said...

    Suzan my dear, I love reading your blogs no matter what you write :)And besides that, I'll always visit you because you are shuch a great person xoxoxoxox (and I do read!! LOL)

    Icarus said...

    Ani, I have an IMMENSE amount of reading (and writing) to catch up on, when the free time appears. So I pormise I'll be back to read the stories. I only had time to look at the pictures, which I LIKED!

    Anyway, it's Krissssssmas again! A bit sad here this year, as the state of the economy has put out a lot of the lights. But I have senty you what they used to look like in Lisboa.

    Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    GMG said...

    Great stories! Enjoy the holiday season and hopefully Santa will bring you lots of short stories... ;))

    Jorge felix said...

    Amor, gracias por ese honor que me has dado al poner mis cuentos, un beso para ti

    Jorge felix said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
     
    CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »