Saturday, January 13, 2007

TWo PoStS At ThE pRiCe Of OnE

Oh yes, THAT you’ve learned, haven’t you?

Ever since Manuel was a baby I have spoken English to him (not all the time of course) to see if he can learn it without going to a Language school. Some time after he started to speak our own language, he said, bubbling but clear enough, “MUM I LOVE YOU” , and for me that was a double delight, for his words and for the language!
I continued speaking English to him, but he wouldn’t say anything else. After a while he would refuse even to hear a word in English, moreover, he used to say I was speaking DIRTY!! English = Dirty, uh?
–“Mom, speak well, please!!!! I HATE ENGLISH” he would say, so I had to put a sort of an end to the “saveurmoneyinthefuture” experiment.
Now he is four and he has made many friends in the neighborhood. Yesterday, they were playing some PC game in his room and according to what they were talking, he lost the fight and…… What English word is that I heard coming out from the beautiful mouth of my LITTLE BABY?????
–“F*CK! Me mató! (He killed me) F*CK YOU! Tengo que empezar todo de nuevo (I have to start all over)
He was speaking Spanglish and dirty! Double grief!!!!! Again for his word and for the language!

MANUEL VENTURA!!! I shouted from the kitchen: What are you saying? Stop doing that RIGHT NOW! (I always include his last name to sound more emphatic LOL)
He had an answer of course…..”BUT MOM! I LOVE ENGLISH!!!!!...Teach me more!”



GaRliC, oNiOnS aNd PaRsLeY

I know it’s not good to be alone when you want to be with someone. I have talked about this before and I might do it again someday in the future, but tonight I feel like speaking about a good aspect of it.
In the afternoon my kids went to visit their father, so I’ll be alone until Sunday.
I spent the first 2 hours alone rowing in the lake and watching a beautiful sunset. Then I came home and I took a loooooooooong shower. Nobody was in a hurry; consequently I used the entire hot-water heater… until the very last drop!!
It was getting late; I didn’t have any plans for the night and no companion at sight, so I decided to prepare something to eat.
I was about to eat just a rib steak when I saw some garlic over the counter….I chopped it….I saw some onions…..I chopped one…..I saw parsley….I chopped it. …everything to the frying pan and DONE!! It was so delicious!
Here is where the good part comes….I DON’T HAVE TO KISS ANYBODY!!!! I don’t care if some parsley got stuck between my teeth or if my breath can kill a plant.
I enjoyed every bite of my dinner, I haven’t combed my hair yet and I’m still wrapped with my towel YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I FEEL GOODDDDDDDD YEAHHHHHHHH na na na na na na

I must have a problem with my ears ´cause I can’t get a single word from this song, but it made me laugh anyway and that’s my quite silly and happy mood today CHACARRON MACARRON

2 thought(s):

RUTH said...

Your first part of the post made me smile. My boy Rob when little was heard to say the F*** word. I gave him a long lecture about it and thought that was that. A few days later his school teacher spoke to me. Rob had been going around sayiny to all his friends, their parents and the teachers "I'M NOT ALOWWED TO SAY F**K, ONLY STUPID PEOPLE SAY F**K". He must have said it enough times to last a lifetime over those few days. He is 31 now and I've never heard him say it since...(at least not in my earshot)!
Your second part of the post I understand...I have been there!! Our daughter Leanne is in a similar position...she does not go out much as babysitters are expensive and of course Mick and I can no longer help...but often, if the children are staying with their father, she does not "go out on the town" but stays at home, enjoys the peace and quiet and just "chills".
Hugs and X's
Rx
p.s. Good job I am not nearer...steak!! and garlic!!.....mmmmm

Audrey said...

Analia

Whoops Im laughing, your little angel is sprouting new wing....I used to look aghast at my children when they all went through this stage,hands over ears and tell them it did funny things to me.......also the words fish and chips....so they would say that and laugh more looks of horror, even louder no, for some time FISH AND CHIPS!!! was worse than saying F*ck off thats until they realised they were being duped. Lol

What you wrote of I remember well too from my own experience, its good to turn that corner and find the bonuses of singledom, of not having to care about unimportant things and simply enjoy the space and time........Now as for the steak, any left???? smells delicious from where Im sitting...Im drooling at the mouth

Keep smiling x

 
CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »